A Brief Chronology of the Church of St. Francis Xavier
- 1886 August 15, Fr. Hickey commissioned by Bishop Loughlin to found a new parish in Park Slope.
- 1886 September 19, parish of St. Francis Xavier formally organized.
- 1886 September 25, first mass in St. Francis Xavier parish.
- 1886 October 31, cornerstone for frame church laid.
- 1886 December 25, first mass celebrated in basement of new church.
- 1900 December 19, cornerstone of new church laid by Bishop McDonnell at new location, its present site on President Street.
- 1900-1904 Thomas F. Houghton prepares designs for Church of St. Francis Xavier, Brooklyn and presides over its construction.
- 1904 May 15, Pontifical Mass for dedication of present church.
- 1936 October 11, solemn High Mass for parish Golden Jubilee.
- 1937 February 2, Msgr. Hickey, first pastor of SFX, dies.
- 1937-1965 Msgr. Edward Hoar second pastor.
- 1966-1980 Fr. John Ansbro third pastor.
- 1980-1993 Fr. John O’Brien fourth pastor.
- 1986 October 5, Solemn Liturgy for Parish Centennial Celebration.
- 1993-1999 Fr. Edward Doran, PhD fifth pastor.
- 1999-2005 Fr. Gregory Stankus sixth pastor.
- 2004 May 15, Liturgy celebrating Building Centennial.
- 2005 - present Fr. William Rueger seventh pastor.