In the front of the chancel area on the left is the pulpit, the enclosed platform from which the Word of God is proclaimed during the Mass. This pulpit has an octagonal plan with two side panels open for access via a curving stair.
The pulpit was sculpted by Martino Basanti to the specifications and design of Mr. Houghton but was not installed until 1908, four years after the dedication of the church.
At each of the corners formed by the sides of the pulpit are statues of evangelists and notable preachers. Among them are St. Francis Xavier, St. Ignatius Loyola, St. Augustine, St. Mark, St. Jerome, St. Thomas Aquinas and St. John.
The elegant wooden lectern on the pulpit was added on Sept 26, 1986 in time for the principal Centennial Liturgy. It was carved from oak by Yan Rieger to match the Centennial altar.
The foliage design along the sides and front was adapted from the carving on the lectern in the chapel. The front panel has an open book displaying the Greek letters, Alpha and Omega, flanked by branches of willow.