Dear Parishioners of St. Francis Xavier Church, It is with great joy and prayer that I announce that Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio has given Pastors and Administrators permission in the Diocese of Brooklyn, to re-open the churches. He has assembled a special task force which is led by Mr. Joseph Esposito, former director of emergency management for NYC, while abiding by governmental directives.
While this news is very exciting for us, we still need to implement safety precautions. This is for your protection and the clergy. Here are the directives given by Bishop DiMarzio:
The re-opening of St. Francis Xavier:
1. Begins on Tuesday June 2, 2020
2. The Church will be open Tuesdays/Thursdays from 10:00AM-12:00PM
The Church will be open as follows (Mass will not be celebrated publicly and
communion will not be distributed):
1. Personal and Private Prayer; 10 people or less with social distance
2. Funerals (Funeral Liturgy outside Mass) 10 people or less
3. Baptisms; 10 people or less
Please keep in mind we will follow governmental and diocesan directives
The following directives are to be observed:
1. Face masks will be worn at all times, no exceptions.
2. If you are not feeling well or you have a temperature above 100 degrees, please
do not enter.
3. Please wash your hands thoroughly before leaving your home.
4. Please sit in designated areas marked in the body of the Church.
5. Please refrain from touching any statues.
6. Please follow all directives by ushers, staff and volunteers.
Thank you for your attention to these important matters.
Deacon Dean Dobbins
Business Manager Administrator
St Francis Xavier Church/ St Augustine Church/ St Catharine of Alexandria Church
Parish Deacon/ Our Lady of Mercy Church