Saint Francis Xavier Faith Formation Programs for Children and Teens
The programs here at St. Francis are based upon the belief that God calls us "to act justly, to love tenderly and to walk humbly with our God."
Our main goal is to help the children know how much God loves them, to help them develop a strong personal relationship with Jesus and enable them to discover the richness of our Catholic faith.
We try to do this by:
- Teaching about Jesus and about God’s relationship with us through the study of the scriptures.
- Teaching the children about prayer and helping them learn how to pray.
- Teaching the children about the Church and the sacraments.
- Helping the children to grow in faith and to celebrate their faith through lived experience day by day.
What makes our program wonderful?
- Dedicated and creative catechists who give generously of their time and talent
- A strong curriculum that encourages both listening and sharing as important steps in learning and in faith development
- An active parent committee that plans events for the children and families
- A program that recognizes the primary role families play in religious education and that tries to nurture and support the faith formation experienced and lived within the family
- Strong sacramental programs that prepare children to celebrate the sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation
- A process of preparation for older children who are not yet baptized
When do we meet?
- Grades kindergarten through six meet on Saturdays from 10AM to 12PM.
- Grades seven and up meet on Friday nights from 7PM to 8:30PM.
- Classes for 2016-2017 begin on the weekend of September 23/24
For more information or to register: call Sister Helene at 718-857-2903